Monday, October 24, 2011

Santana y Maná, Corazón espinado

 Santana
San Francisco, California, USA
 y Maná
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Corazón espinado, 2000 
For suggestions on how to use this song in your class, click here.



 
This song is one of my favorites from two of my favorite acts of all time:  Maná and Santana.  It won "Record of the Year" and "Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group" at the 2000 Latin Grammy Awards.


Grammar
me duele (verbs like "gustar)
Vocabulary
Verbs
dar - to give
decir - to say, to tell
doler (o-ue), to hurt
espinar - to pinch, wound with thorns)
estar - to be
matar - to kill
olvidar - to forget
quedar - to remain
saber - to know
tratar - to treat
Nouns
la alma - soul
el amor - love
el corazón - heart
el dolor - pain
la mujer - woman
el lado - side
el olvido - the forgetting
la razón - reason
Adjectives
abandonado,a - abandoned
aplastado,a - depressed
entregado,a - surrendered
herido,a - hurt
vivo,a - alive
Other words
a ver - let's see
como - how
cuando - when
ese, esa - that
mi - my


 



Corazón espinado (fill-in)
Esa mujer me está (1)________
Me ha espinado el corazón
Por más que (2)________ de  olvidarla
Mi alma no da razón

Mi corazón aplastado
Herido y abandonado
A ver a ver tu sabes
dime mi amor (3)____ (4)______
Que dolor nos quedó

Cómo duele cómo duele el (5)__________
Cuando nos tiene entregados
Pero no olvides (6)_______ que algún día dirás
Hay ya yay cómo me duele el amor

Cómo me (7)________el olvido
Cómo duele el (8)_________
Cómo duele (9)_________vivo
Sin tenerte a un lado amor
Corazón (10)____________

Corazón espinado (all lyrics & English translation)
Esa mujer me está (1)matando
That woman is killing me.
Me ha espinado el corazón
She's wrapped thorns around my heart.
Por más que (2) trato de olvidarla
The more I try to forget her,
Mi alma no da razón
My soul won't make sense of it

Mi corazón aplastado
My depressed heart,
Herido y abandonado
Hurt and abandoned
A ver a ver tu sabes
Let's see if you know...
dime mi amor (3)por (4)favor
tell me my love
Que dolor nos quedó
That pain is all that's left for us.
Cómo duele cómo duele el (5)corazón
How it hurts, how my heart hurts
Cuando nos tiene entregados
When it has us surrendering to each other
Pero no olvides (6)mujer que algún día dirás
But don't forget woman that one day you will say
Hay ya yay cómo me duele el amor
Oh ...how love hurts
Cómo me (7)duele el olvido
How the forgetting hurts
Cómo duele el (8)corazón
How my heart hurts
Cómo duele (9)estar vivo
How it hurts to be alive
Sin tenerte a un lado amor
Without having you by my side, love
Corazón (10)espinado
Thorny heart


Santana/Wikipedia (English)

Find this blog in the education blogs directory

No comments:

Post a Comment